Sunday, January 23, 2011

P90X

First, I really need to get back into a blogging routine.I think if I get into the habit of writing something everyday, then I may also start writing more in general. But what to write about? I ran out of steam trying to chronicle my brain surgery journey. (If you have any questions about that, please, please, please ask!) Nothing fun really happens in my life. I could write about teaching but I don't want to reveal too much about my students. So what else?

And then it hit me.

P90X.

I started P90X 4 weeks ago. And it has been quite a journey. Let me give some background. I am not fat. In fact, most persons might look at me and say that I am skinny. However, I have trouble spots. Well, it is one spot. My tummy. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. I gained about 15 pounds last year and it all went to my waistline. I was disgusted. I just did not look good. It was time to do something about it. I have always had trouble with my belly. Always. However, I have just never been motivated enough to exercise more than 3 times and then just give up.

But when I looked in the mirror and thought of how tight my clothes were fitting, I knew I was tired of having this tummy. It was time to do something different. I had tried to do P90X just after surgery when I started gaining weight but I did it about 3 times and then gave up. It was time to do it again.

I stared with the Core Synergistic workout and about 10 minutes in, I just could not do it. I realised that I was just not physically ready. I decided to develop a plan for myself. I would start with Pilates for a week - getting my body ready for exercise and then move to P90X. And that's what I did. Pilates everyday plus walking at least 2 miles and then P90X.

So here I am at the beginning of Week 5 of P90X and Week 6 of exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment